Are you relocating to Nashville and wanting to build a new custom home?
You’re not the only one. According to a US News analysis of 125 metro areas based on the quality of life, value, job market, desirability, and net migration; Nashville is ranked #15 in Best Places to Live and #7 in Best Places to retire.
So there are many people moving to Music City to start a new life. Here’s what you need to know about relocating to Nashville:
Pros of Relocating to Nashville
- No state personal income tax
- Low property tax
- Incredible music scene– discover the history of blues, jazz, and rock n’ roll
- Famous whiskey distilleries– Tennessee whiskey is in a category of its own
- Beautiful autumn colors
- Local coffee shops in many neighborhoods
- Amazing food scene– try the barbeque, particularly hot chicken
- Great professional sports– NFL, NHL, and great collegiate sports throughout Tennessee
Cost of Living is Low
Compared to cities like Austin, Denver, and Portland, Nashville is more affordable, even though the housing market has become competitive. Home values have increased, which is more of a reason to build a custom home when you relocate to Nashville. Because Tennessee is one of the few states that doesn’t tax income, residents are able to keep more of their income.
Weather in Nashville
The weather in Nashville is generally enjoyable with more than 200 days of sunshine each year. However, prepare for hot and humid summers with average highs of 77.9 degrees through late September. The winters typically bring more ice than snow, but there are only a handful of days each year that stay below freezing, with an average temperature of 39.9 degrees.
Things to Do in Nashville
- Visit the Hermitage – a historic mansion that Andrew Jackson once lived in. The garden and grounds are an attraction on their own due to the beautiful landscape.
- Go to a show at the Grand Ole Opry – a country and bluegrass radio show running since 1925 where you can tour and also see live performances
- See the Country Music Hall of Fame – a museum which holds one of the world’s largest collections of music and associated artifacts in country and bluegrass genres. There is also a theatre, event space, and multiple dining options.
- Support the Nashville sports teams –
- Hockey (October-April) – Nashville Predators (with practices and training camp free and open to the public)
- Football (September-January) – Tennessee Titans (with practices and training camp free and open to the public)
- Minor League Baseball (March-September) – Nashville Sounds
- Soccer (March-October) – Nashville SC
- Collegiate Basketball (October-May) – Vanderbilt Commodores
- Indulge in the Southern food scene – Nashville delivers on that Southern comfort food with…
- Indulge in the non-Southern food scene – Nashville doesn’t disappoint non-Southern food either, including…
So, What’s It Like to Live in Nashville?
Here’s what USNews.com says about Nashville:
“Music City is home to a community fiercely driven by a desire to create. Ask people what they do and it’s likely they live in the area to help build something new like a health care information technology startup, an indie progressive rock band, or a festival that celebrates all things tomatoes. This innovation positively influences the lives of residents in nearly every respect. The metro area has a blossoming job market and an exploding entertainment scene fueling an appetite (and thirst) for all things locally sourced and artisanal in craft– everything from handmade marshmallows to small-batch gin.”
Let Us Help You with Relocating to Nashville and Building a New Custom Home
So, are you ready to relocate to Nashville? If building a new custom home is part of your plan for relocating here, Donnelly Timmons can help! We are custom home builders that service Nashville and the surrounding areas including Forrest Hills, Oak Hill, Green Hills, Franklin, and Brentwood.
Take a look at our Project Gallery. With more than 25 years of building experience, Certified Builders Donnelly Timmons’ passion for quality and integrity has earned us an outstanding reputation.
Contact us to set an appointment for a free consultation.